Me at the Book Fair

 

 

Getting on the metro to Nandanam was nostalgic, for several reasons. One, I was on the way to the book fair, and the second, my girlfriend was urging me to take aesthetic pictures at the station which I had no idea about. As I got off the station, there was definitely a crowd on the way there. As I saw the YMCA ground in the distance, my eyes came across the lady who had served us Koozh (kanji) the last time we were here. On an empty stomach coming right after college, it was one of the most wholesome foods I have ever had. Moving along the crowds outside I could finally see the pavilion of the book fair.

 

3:50 PM    The crowd is definitely larger this time. Perhaps I should have considered this before reaching here on a Sunday evening right in the beginning of Pongal week. But I don't mind. It's nice to be in these fairs, reminds me of the ones we have back home. 

4:00 PM    Just bought myself a 10 Rupee ticket. Heading inwards. The smell of books is strong!

4:15 PM    Came across these collectors’ edition books from Fingerprint! Publishing. They have these amazing artworks on the end papers, a beautiful spine, and gold edges. They definitely belong in a museum. One would seriously consider buying them just to frame it. I could keep staring at these books forever.

4:30 PM    Harper Collins stall. Took up a Tintin comic and started reading. When I was back in school, I used to go to a DC Bookstall during the weekends. My dad sometimes bulk purchased books for his school library. I remember finishing a whole book while waiting back then. Any way I put the book back in and kept walking.

4:45 PM   Read ‘The Second Coming’ by Yeats from a collection. Poetry is powerful, isn’t it?  

4:55 PM    Just got approached by some members from the British council. Now I’m considering getting a membership.

5:05 PM    Minecraft. Minecraft? They have entire volumes of Minecraft guides everywhere to my surprise. I am not a Minecraft fan, but a wiki book on Call of Duty would be nice though.

5:05 PM    I’m barely halfway here, and my legs are starting to complain for some reason. Funnily enough, the last time I was here, I remember her wanting me to slow down and cut the visit in half since she was tired. (I love walking) Also, I am definitely noticing a pattern here. Almost every bookstall has a copy of Tintin, Minecraft, Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings and couple of popular books, even manga.

5:30 PM    As much as seasickness is real, this is definitely an overwhelming sea of books and stalls around me. It is definitely a delight to be here.

 

I was out by about six while people were still pouring in. To know that the spirit of reading is still alive is such a heartwarming thing to know. Personally, it is such a pleasant and beautiful sensation to be around books, a library, a book stall, or a bookfair such as this one. The joy of holding a book, the perfumed pages and the sensation of flipping the pages, eager to know what happens next is a rewarding experience. Keep reading folks!

Until next time. Happy New Year dear reader!









 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did The Salesman Deserve To Die?

The Little Prince and his Little Rose

Dawn At Central